newcomer in the technology space
and nurturing it to stability
With a rapidly increasing customer base, the client was finding it difficult keeping track. Workflow standardisation was the need of the hour, to make processes measure-able, devise indices, track them, draw comparisons and learn from them.
Used for the purposes of onboarding, audits and servicing, field sales and service teams were not reporting back in prescribed formats. Thereby, there was no visibility into their field activities and no performance measurement mechanisms.
Not being able to collect data due to bad Connectivity issues causing information delays and problems to the mobile workforce.
Repeated visits to the same customers, while others were left unattended as office staff could not check on any activities of the field staff.
No transparency in field activities and office staff in the dark about it.
No standard measurement of performance was there in place so there was certain absenteeism seen from the field employees
Information gathering process was streamlined in order to reduce the difficulty of keeping track. Processes were made measure-able and trackable. Pre-sales gathering of customer information was streamlined.
Customer interface proceedings were recorded for onboarding and audits. Customer satisfaction surveys are being conducted through the app to track servicing. Thereby, ensuring a standardised process for all visits.
• All visits are automated, day plans and route plans are auto-assigned ensuring no repeated visits or unattended visits.
• Customer check-ins were captured in terms of frequency and duration of each visit.
• Another outcome was that a minimum amount of time was now being spent at the customer point of contact. There was no excess there and wastefulness was checked.
• Shortcomings from the point of view of marketing can immediately be reported by simply feeding into the app while on a visit to that outlet.
As discussed, more often than not the customer location has no internet connections so Effort is designed in a way that it can be used fully and seamlessly offline with no connectivity.
Activities such as mechanism giving feedback for any branding shortfall at outlets are all done through the app, ensuring full transparency of all activities.
Employee punch-cards regulated attendance and checked absenteeism. Customer location sign in - sign out is used to get geo-tagged activity data. Exact hours put in and productivity are now being measured and absenteeism has been checked to ensure discipline.
Earlier information gathering processes, customer visits, direct user registrations, collecting feedback, and promotional visits were all done in person directly by the field executives. But since the pandemic, customer visits were completely cut off causing the fear of business continuity.
• Designed a process where information was collected through calls, new user registrations were done online and customer feedback was collected with Effort’s dynamic online forms.
• Data was now being collected from other sources but was still linked to Effort’s platform for keeping track of all activities.
• All of these new changes were streamlined within a day and were put to use.